Monday, May 2, 2011

Bachelor for the Weekend

Surprisingly, my weekend as a bachelor has been far more productive than expected.  I have cleaned the apartment (including a fair share of laundry and dishes), and I have only ordered pizza once within the last 72 hours.  Heck, I don't even have the TV turned on.

The truth is, being alone for a few days has been a huge blessing.  Until now, I have not had (or perhaps taken) the time to process all of the changes of the last few months, but being alone has driven me to wrestle with myself.  To be expected, I suppose.  Regardless, I am grateful for a wife who realizes how much I need some time alone, as well as for the time itself.

So far, I have:
  • Grilled steak
  • Grilled chicken
  • Grilled potatoes
  • Grilled apples
  • Done some laundry
  • Done some dishes
  • Made pancakes with homemade strawberry sauce
  • Written a few lyrics to a song that has been humming itself in my head for years
  • Defined the characters for a play that I would love to (but probably never will) write
  • Watched multiple seasons of How I Met Your Mother
As you can see, lots of grilling, and lots of introspection.  Two wonderful things.

Shalom,
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment